Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault AllegationJune 14, 2018 9:20am

A special entertainment task force is reviewing a sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone, prosecutors in Los Angeles County have confirmed. Greg Risling, a spokesman for the district attorney's office, says prosecutors are investigating whether the 71-year-old actor should face charges in connection with the alleged incident, which dates back to the 1990s, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Police say the woman reported the alleged incident to police in Santa Monica in November last year. Police haven't revealed anything about the nature of the allegation, and it's not clear how charges could be filed: Sexual assault allegations from the 1990s are too old to prosecute under the statute of limitations that was in place in California at the time.



Martin Singer, Stallone's lawyer, is pushing back hard against the allegation. He tells CNN that his client "categorically denies" the allegation and says it is "inappropriate" to "try to ruin" somebody with it.

"It's outrageous that the DA's office and PD would announce this information because it makes the public think that there's something there," Singer says. The lawyer tells the New York Post that Stallone met the woman while filming Rambo III in the late 1980s and they had a "consensual, sexual" relationship for several years.

Singer, who says Stallone didn't hear from the woman until after the Harvey Weinstein scandal last year, accuses prosecutors of trying to appease the "#MeToo generation." (Jamie Foxx is also denying a sexual assault claim.)

More From Newser

This article originally appeared on Newser: Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault Allegation

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

FILE - In this July 18, 2016 file photo, actor Scott Baio speaks during the opening day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Prosecutors have declined to file charges against Baio stemming from allegations by his former “Charles in Charge” co-star that he sexually assaulted her. The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office decided Monday, June 18, 2018, not to file charges, saying in an evaluation that the statute of limitations had expired. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File)
Prosecutors decline assault charges against Scott Baio
Sandra Bullock says she was 'afraid' of Harvey WeinsteinAlthough Sandra Bullock had never worked with Harvey Weinstein, the Oscar winner still "heard" stories about the disgraced producer.
'DC-area Hotel Rapist' indicted on DNA evidence as police on the hunt for suspectLaw enforcement agencies on the hunt Wednesday for a man dubbed the "D.C.-area Hotel Rapist," who is believed to have violently raped at least six women in the nation’s capital over a seven-year span, are now offering a combined $45,000 reward for information leading to his capture.
Massachusetts jogger fights off would-be kidnapper in surveillance footageA female jogger in Massachusetts managed to fight off an attempted kidnapper who allegedly sexually assaulted her as he tried to drag the woman into his car early Sunday morning.
Scott Baio says 'Charles in Charge' co-star 'failed' to hurt him with sex-assault claims: reportScott Baio said his former “Charles in Charge” co-star “failed” at trying to ruin his “reputation,” following the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office decision not to seek charges related to sexual assault claims against him, a report Wednesday said.
Charred remains of missing family of 3 believed found at Texas ranch, police sayPolice believe the remains of a missing family of three have been found in Wharton County, Texas.
This component is currently unavailable.
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices